Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sweet censorship

Since my iPod took a fatal dive into a glass of green tea, I've been listening to the radio a lot more. (I keep forgetting to bring my CDs into the car.) But there's this one song by Christina Aguilera called "Candy Man" and it's interesting to see how it is censored.
For example, one station censored her saying "He's a one stop shop, he makes my panties drop." They bleeped the word panties. Then she says "He's a one stop shop, he makes my cherry pop." And they bleeped out "cherry pop" which I'm sure was just a harmless reference to a soda in a candy store....
But when she says, "when he hits my mouth he really hits the spot" well, I guess that part is okay, because it's not bleeped. And that part offended me the most.
Maybe I should call and complain. :)
But what killed me is that Pink apparently has a song called "You and Your Hand" where she says, "It's just you and your hand tonight." And there was some little girl who sounded like she was about 12 years old calling the radio station to request it. By name.
That offended me, too. I think that song should be bleeped.